Director, Service Operations at SWN Communications, Inc.
June 2010 - April 2012 | New York, NY
- Manage the desktop, server and networking team in building, expanding and securing a first-class global emergency notifications network serving both the public and private sector in multiple countries.
Founding Member at Project Restoration, Inc.
2011 - Present | NJ, USA
Project Restoration, Inc. is a non-profit dedicated to providing services (directly and through partnerships) to assist ex-offenders in successfully reintegrating back into society.
Committee Member at NJCSDA
January 2006 - December 2010 | Trenton, NJ
Since 2006, I have been selected to serve on various committees within the New Jersey Conference of Seventh-day Adventists (NJCSDA).
2006-2007 -- Technology Committee for NJ SDA Schools
2007-2012 -- Strategic Committee
2009-2012 -- Camp Meeting Planning Committee
2009-2012 -- Finance Committee
The Technology Committee is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and implementation for technology in the NJ Conference school system
Information Security & IT Operations Consultant at BrainWave Consulting Company, LLC
December 2009 - June 2010 | NY/NJ Metro Area
- Designed technology solutions for small-to-medium sized clients in the education, legal and accounting industries to support server virtualization, network design for corporate expansion, implementation of iSCSI SANs, and VPN connectivity between existing offices.
- Provided both tactical and strategic technical consulting services including remote monitoring, project management, disaster recovery planning, technology strategy roadmaps, vendor relationship management, and security assessments. Deployed or upgraded server and networking infrastructure, and implemented comprehensive security solutions involving firewalls, IPS, and host-based security.
Pre-Sales/Implementation Consultant at Tabula Rosa Systems
December 2009 - June 2010 | NY/NJ Metro Area
- Performed pre- and post-sales engineering functions for Tabula Rosa Systems with networking and security tools. Evaluated and deployed such best-in-class networking and security products as Gigamon, LiveAction from ActionPack! Networks and Network Sentry from Bradford Networks.
- Provided technical support/guidance on sales calls for a variety of large and mid-sized clients. Acted as technical liaison for between clients and vendor support on systems/network architecture issues. Evaluated technology products and services for a diverse customer base.
Vice President, IT Operations & Information Security at ARGI (Automated Resources Group, LLC)
May 2007 - December 2009 | Montvale, NJ
- Led a team of six (6) technology professionals in managing the desktop, server, networking and information security infrastructure of a 24x7 hosting environment supporting solutions on the Windows and HP3000 platforms.
- Responsible for the management and strategic direction of ARGI's technology infrastructure, including server, desktop, network, telecom and data center facilities.
- Built a high-performing IT Operations team, and led them in modernizing ARGIâs server and network infrastructure using virtualization technologies (server, application and storage) from major vendors (Citrix, Microsoft, VMWare, StoneFly) in order to reduce the time required to provision new environments for both development and production.
- Implemented a new support project/task tracking system at ARGI, and integrated it with SalesForce.com, to improve resource allocation across the technical and business teams.
- Substantially upgraded the network bandwidth for corporate and customer facing applications, and modernized the networking infrastructure to lower costs and facilitate growth in ARGI's Montvale, NJ datacenter facility, allowing ARGI to deploy a next-generation subscription fulfillment system for our client base.
Director, Technology Services at First Newark SDA Church
January 2005 - December 2009 | Newark, NJ
- Manage the technology services for the local church, including Internet Access, Wireless Connectivity, Security Services, Remote Connectivity, Printer & Copiers, Projection, and oversight of Audio Visual functionality. Work with a small team of volunteers to handle weekly audio visual needs, and plan for local event broadcasting and recording.
- Deployed secure wireless connectivity, high-speed copying and remote printing capabilities for the membership.
- Installed servers and desktop systems to provide computing resources for various church ministries. Employed virtualization technologies for local and remote access.
- Installed surveillance cameras and upgrading the security alarm system for the main church building.
Director, Family Life Ministries at First Newark SDA Church
2005 - 2009
My wife and I are co-leaders of the Family Life Ministries at the First Seventh-day Adventist Church of Newark, NJ. This ministerial department of the church is responsible for providing information, guidance and nurturing to families in the local church and the community.
Board Member at First Newark SDA Church
2005 - 2009
Participating member of the governing body of the local church congregation (First Seventh-day Adventist Church of Newark, NJ), responsible for all fudiciary and legal activities within the church, and for recommending various actions to the church membership as a whole.
Director, Server Operations & Global Information Security at Warner Music Group
June 2004 - May 2007 | New York, NY
- Led a geographically dispersed team of twelve (12) systems administrators and security engineers, both full-time employees and consultants, in the direct support of over 300 production and test servers, plus broader support for hundreds of other servers. Developed and administered the annual Information Security budget of $2 million, and had budget influence for other areas within IT.
- Defined and implemented operational procedures to improve performance, response time, and service availability for the Windows Server Operations team at Warner Music Group (WMG).
- Technical Architect of global Active Directory deployment at Warner Music Group (WMG) affecting 4000 users in over 35 countries.
- Designed the infrastructure, and led out in the implementation of the new global web-based Financial application for Warner Music Group (WMG) used by over 100 finance employees.
- Managed Enterprise Vulnerability/Threat Assessment, Remediation and Virus Mitigation across the global Warner Music Group server and network infrastructure. Implemented a tiered security infrastructure to reduce the number and severity of threats across the entire WMG network.
- Assisted in the implementation of ITIL at Warner Music Group (WMG), including the coordination of the Problem Management function for the global WMG enterprise.
Independent Technology Consultant at BrainWave Consulting Company, LLC
January 1996 - June 2004 | NY/NJ Metro Area
BrainWave Consulting Company, LLC is a provider of reliable, customized, high-performance Technology Integration Services designed to enhance your business. Because Good Technology Means Better Business.
- Increased productivity of small business clients by assessing their technical requirements and then generating detailed technology plans and roadmaps (both short-term and long-term) to align their IT infrastructure with their business goals. Developed Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans and procedures for small/medium-sized organizations.
- Provided Remote Monitoring, Troubleshooting & Diagnostics, Vulnerability Assessment and Technical Architectural Guidance services for businesses without dedicated IT staff, or as a supplement to overworked IT staffs.
- Developed and outlined comprehensive security solutions and processes for small-to-medium organizations, including vulnerability testing, threat assessment, and patch management.
- Deployed comprehensive security solutions to protect client networks, including Email Content Filtering, host-based AntiVirus and IDS/IPS, and Firewalls with VPN.
Director, Internet Operations at The Princeton Review
July 2001 - November 2002 | New York, NY
- Led a team of ten (10) Network Engineers, Systems Administrators, and Database Administrators (DBAs) in managing two data centers with over 175 servers and 50 networking devices.
- Responsible for the Internet-facing server infrastructure, along with the overall enterprise Networking and Security infrastructure at The Princeton Review (TPR).
- Defined and implemented tools and processes which led to a 30% increase in the stability of servers and the network. Worked with Development groups to define testing and deployment standards to improve the success of code releases.
- Designed and implemented a $350K network re-engineering project at The Princeton Review (TPR) which eliminated latency and congestion on the corporate LAN, and created redundancy for the links at the DataCenter and between the LAN and branch offices, and also improved performance by a factor of 3.
- Worked closely with Client Services department at The Princeton Review (TPR) to support the network infrastructure for a 50-site WAN, including deploying site-to-site VPNs using Netscreen appliances. Assisted in the design and rollout of TPR's corporate Active Directory infrastructure.
- Deployed a KVM-over-IP solution for consolidating the management of both the corporate and Internet-facing production systems. Significantly increased the ability to support systems remotely and within Service Level Agreements.
Virtual CIO (Information Security & IT Operations) at BrainWave Consulting Company, LLC
May 2012 - Present | West Virginia, USA
- Hands-on architect of advanced technology solutions that increase corporate agility, mitigate business risk, reduce operating costs, and facilitate business growth for organizations in the SMB market.
- Provided both tactical and strategic technical consulting services including remote monitoring, project management, disaster recovery planning, cloud migrations, technology strategy roadmaps, vendor relationship management, and security assessments. Deployed or upgraded server and networking infrastructure, and implemented comprehensive security solutions involving firewalls, IPS, and host-based security.